Butternut squash soup is a cozy, delicious dish that’s perfect on cold winter days. Make sure to grab fresh rolls or a loaf of crusty French bread to complete your meal.
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 1 small onion, chopped
– 1 stalk of celery, chopped
– 1 medium carrot, chopped
– 2 medium potatoes, cubed
– 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
– 1 (32-fluid oz) can chicken stock
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
2. Add in the onion, celery, carrot, potatoes, and squash. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until vegetables are lightly browned.
3. Pour part of the chicken stock until it covers the vegetables and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Let it simmer until vegetables are tender, about 40 minutes.
4. Using an immersion blender, puree the vegetables until smooth. Stir in the remaining stock until the desired thickness is achieved. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe from: https://insanelygoodrecipes.com/butternut-squash-soup/