Maglio’s innovative solutions are continually evolving to meet the dynamic needs of today’s produce buyers. We maintain a steadfast commitment to developing forward-thinking attributes across 5 areas of our business that directly result in benefits to our customers.
The Readyripe™ watermelon solution gives sliced watermelon longer shelf life, naturally enhanced quality and convenience for today’s busy customers.
Watch here to see how the Readyripe™ watermelon solution can help you!
Now available in 2 sizes with three levels of technology
All pouch options save retailers money through reduced labor and increased upsell ability and are available in two sizes with three levels of technology. Graphic and private label pouches available upon request.
Challenges with overwrap watermelon programs
- Very short shelf life. Limits benefit for customer and potentially increases shrink and waste for retailer.
- Overwrap packaging leaks in displays and on shelves, creating more work and expense. Display does not look very appealing.
- Wicking and purging of product while on display and at checkout.
- Food safety and product traceability concerns.
- Retraining staff on proper technique and labor cost.
Our patented pouch keeps sliced watermelon in a naturally enhanced atmospheric environment, optimizing the sweetness and quality of the watermelon slice over an extended period of time. The Readyripe™ pouch offers a multitude of features and benefits for both the retailer and customer.
Watch the Readyripe™ time and motion study here
- Innovation of pouch optimizes the quality and flavor of the watermelon, creating a new high demand offering for the retailer.
- Virtually no wicking and leaking from product, resulting in a more desirable appearance.
- Attractive design of pouch entices customer to purchase.
- This new approach can substantially improve the financial results for the retailer through increased sales revenues and reduced production and clean up expenses.
- Extended shelf life allows retailer more production flexibility, reducing costs.
- Retailer can also sell customers watermelon pouches along with whole watermelons, increasing whole watermelon sales.
- Promotes year round consumption of watermelon.
- Extended shelf life lets customer enjoy their watermelon over a longer period of time.
- Innovation of pouch enhances the quality and flavor of the watermelon.
- The attractively designed pouch is easy to carry and convenient to store.
- Resealable pouch makes for mess-free storage for later use.
- Consumer can also purchase whole watermelon and use the pouch for the portion that is not immediately eaten.
The following Maglio products are protected by patents in the U.S. and elsewhere. This website is provided to satisfy the virtual patent marking provisions of various jurisdictions including the virtual patent marking provisions of the America Invents Act. The following list of Maglio products may not be all inclusive, and other Maglio products not listed here may be protected by one or more patents.
Contact us today for more details or to arrange a pilot program for your stores!
Business Development Manager
Readyripe™ Watermelon Solution: U.S. Pat. No. 9,650,178; U.S. Pat. No. D720,237; Canadian Pat. No. 2,877,761; Canadian Industrial Design Registration Certificate No. 155572