Coconut Poached Pears with Cranberry Sauce
This dessert is equal parts warm and inviting. Capture the essence of orange, pineapple, cranberry and creamy coconut drizzled over sugary soft pears. This is a true melt-in-your-mouth delight.
- 4 large pears, can use up to 8 pears
- 1 qt cranberry cocktail juice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, or apple cider vinegar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 large piece of orange peel
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cloves, can add up to 6 cloves
- ¾ cup simple syrup, or ½ cup honey
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
For Simple Syrup:
- Prepare the simple syrup by heating up water and sugar in a saucepan. Cook until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Turn the heat to the lowest. Add the cranberry juice, lemon juice, cinnamon, cloves, orange peel, and fresh ginger into the pan.
- Meanwhile, core the pears using a melon baller starting from the bottom until all the seeds are scraped.
- Peel pears and leave them whole with stems attached. Put them into the saucepan.
- Let the pears cook until they are tender but still able to hold their shape, turning occasionally for about 15 to 20 minutes. Do not cover the pan.
- Remove pears and bring syrup to a boil. Let it reduce until there are 2 cups of liquid left.
- Remove spices and stir in cornstarch mixed with water. Stir over moderate heat until sauce thickens.
- Spoon sauce over pears, garnish with mint leaves and serve warm.
Recipe From: Poached Pears with Cranberry Spice Sauce Recipe – Recipes.net