French Yogurt Cake
July is National Blueberry Month! In honor of the humble blueberry, we’re sharing this recipe for gâteau au yourt, or French yogurt cake. A classic example of French “home food”, this cake is super easy and requires no measuring! Serve your finished cake with a dollop of fresh whipped cream, blueberries, and a basil or mint leaf for color!
- 1 container of yogurt
- 2 containers of sugar
- 3 containers of all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 container of vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or lemon zest (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees and grease a 9 inch round cake pan.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl in the order listed. Mix well.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool and serve with a dollop of fresh whipped cream and blueberries.
Recipe adapted from Dels Cooking With a Twist