Grilled Corn and Feta Egg in a Hole Avocado Toast
This take on avocado toast is quick, easy, and most importantly tasty!
- 2 slices of crusty whole grain bread
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil or butter, plus more oil for drizzling
- 2 eggs
- flaky sea salt and pepper
- 1 avocado, lightly mashed
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 nectarine, thinly sliced
- 1 ear of charred or grilled corn, kernels removed
- 1/3 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- crushed red pepper flakes, for topping
- fresh torn basil, for topping
- Using a 2-inch cookie cutter, cut 1 round circle out of each piece of bread
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. When the oil shimmers, add both the bread and the centers and cook 2-3 minutes or until the toast is golden. Flip the toast and crack an egg into the center hole of each piece of bread. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes and then flip once more and cook 30 seconds to 1 minute or until the egg is cooked to your liking. Remove from the skillet.
- In a small bowl, mash together the avocado and lemon juice. Season with salt. Spread the avocado evenly over each piece of toast. Top with nectarines, corn, feta, and basil. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and enjoy!
For full recipe details visit Half Baked Harvest