Heirloom Tomato, Basil, and Manchego toast
Toasted garlic bread with a mix of fresh tomato sauce, sliced tomatoes and cherry tomatoes, then drizzled with olive oil, and seasoned simply with flaky salt, pepper, and plenty of fresh basil. Summer on toast and so delicious!
- 6 slices of rustic bread
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 clove of garlic, minced or grated
- 1 cup of grated manchego or cheddar cheese
- 3-4 heirloom tomatoes
- 2 cups of heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- flaky sea salt and black pepper
- 1 cup of fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- Preheat your broiler to high
- Mix the butter and garlic together in a small bowl and spread evenly over the slices of bread. Place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Add the cheese and return for another 1-2 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Watch closely.
- Using a box cheese grater, grate 2 tomatoes into a shallow bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Slice the remaining tomatoes.
- Spread the tomato puree evenly among the cheesy toast. Add the tomato slices and then the halved cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Top with fresh basil and Enjoy!
For full recipe details visit Half Baked Harvest