Heirloom Tomato Gazpacho
Heirloom Tomato Gazpacho is an outstanding cold soup using only the most flavorful tomatoes.
- 1½ lbs. chopped heirloom tomatoes
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped shallots
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Thyme extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Thyme organic red wine vinegar
- 1 jalapeño pepper*, seeded and chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Fresh Thyme coarse sea salt
- Pinch Fresh Thyme organic cayenne pepper
- 2 cups Fresh Thyme organic vegetable juice
- ¾ cup peeled and finely chopped English cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery (1 stalk)
- Fresh Thyme sour cream or Greek yogurt, fresh basil, and cracked black pepper, for garnishes
- In a food processor, combine tomatoes, shallots, olive oil, red wine vinegar, jalapeño pepper, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper. Add vegetable juice; cover and process until smooth.
- Stir in cucumber, yellow and green bell peppers, and celery. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours to blend flavors.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish as desired.
- * Note: Chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn skin and eyes. When working with jalapeños, wear protective gloves.
Recipe from: Heirloom Tomato Gazpacho | Fresh Thyme