Pastry Wrapped Baked Brie with Maple Butter Roasted Apples
Start September off with one truly special recipe, pastry wrapped baked brie with maple butter roasted apples
- 2 honeycrisp apples, sliced
- 1 half stick (1/4) of salted butter, sliced
- 3 tablespoons of real maple syrup
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) wheel of brie
- 2 tablespoons of apple butter, homemade or store-bought
- 1 egg, beaten
- coarse sugar, for sprinkling
- fresh thyme, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
- In a medium baking dish, combine the apples, butter, and maple. Transfer to the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes or until the apples have softened and the sauce thickened.
- Lay the puff pastry flat on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place the brie in the center of the pastry and remove a little of the rind from the top of the brie. Spread the apple butter over top the brie and then fold the corners of the pastry over the brie. Brush the pasty with beaten egg and sprinkle lightly with sugar. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is deep golden brown.
- To serve, spoon the apples over the brie. Top with fresh thyme. Enjoy!
For full recipe details, visit Half Baked Harvest