Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
Ground bison is a lean protein source. Combine with peppers and cauliflower rice for an inflammation-fighting mushroom filling.
1 tsp. Fresh Thyme extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 cups Fresh Thyme roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
1 cup chopped yellow onion
3/4 lb. ground bison
1 cup Fresh Thyme cauliflower rice
2 Fresh Thyme large eggs, lightly beaten
1 Tbsp. Fresh Thyme Italian seasoning
2 tsp. Fresh Thyme garlic powder
1/2 tsp. Fresh Thyme fine sea salt
4 large portabella mushrooms
1 Tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a shallow baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook and stir roasted red peppers, onion, and ground bison for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and bison is no longer pink. Drain.
- Transfer bison mixture to a large bowl. Add cauliflower rice, eggs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Using a spoon, remove stems and gills from mushrooms. Place mushrooms on prepared pan. Fill mushroom caps with bison mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Sprinkle with parsley.
Recipe from: Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms Recipe | Fresh Thyme