Only the finest and the freshest.
Maglio Companies has been offering the freshest and best produce of the day with old-fashioned, conscientious quality and service since 1902. By providing innovative solutions to meet every customer's unique fresh produce needs, Maglio has proven to be a leader in the produce industry.
We have maintained a steadfast commitment to forward-thinking food safety practices and have not shied away from investments in equipment and facility technology. When our customers think of Maglio, we want them to think of us as a partner who cares as much about their business as they do. That's the bottom line.
Delivering you great produce with superior service and knowledge is our mission at Maglio Companies, but supporting you with great marketing ideas is our passion. Every day we work behind the scenes to identify the latest consumer trends. The insights we gain are developed into marketing strategies that give our customers a competitive edge. With fresh new ideas in display, packaging and training, Maglio Companies helps you increase profits.
Why choose Maglio? Safety First!
- We are Global Food Safety Initiative certified. (GFSI)
- We have maintained an "AA" rating with the British Retail Consortium (BRC) as a result of our commitment and adherence to international food safety standards.
- Our entire staff, from senior management to production, is dedicated to food safety.
- We have developed and implemented a Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) plan to minimize food safety hazards.
- Our traceability program allows us to rapidly trace products back and forth from the field to the customer.
- We regularly test our recall plan to ensure we are always prepared to effectively respond.
- Personnel receive regular training in proper food handling techniques.
- Food safety is part of our company culture.
- We have an innovative "Triple Treatment" wash system - unique in the produce industry.
- Food handling equipment is regularly upgraded with a focus on improving efficiency and food safety.
- Our product cases are labeled with Produce Traceability Initiative (PTI) compliant labels and
customized to meet the needs of our customers.
- Plant sanitation and cleanliness is always a top priority.
- We conduct routine microbiological testing of our production environment to verify the effectiveness
of our sanitation program.
- Our supplier approval system ensures our supply chain partners meet the same high food standards
we set for ourselves.
- Our food safety director has experience as a public health regulator and regularly communicates to
all staff the value of a strong food safety program.